Statement of Faith
- We believe that each person has the right to accept or deny the claims of Jesus, and that our obligation to meet their needs is not contingent upon their decision (Josh 24:15, Jn 1:12-13, Rev 3:20, Mt 5:44, Mk 9:34).
- We believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, as the inspired word of God (2 Tim 3:16; Ps 119:160).
- We believe in one God who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things (Mt 28:19, Mt 3:16-17, Jn 10:30, 2 Cor 1:21-22, Gen 1:1-2, Heb 1:3).
- We believe that Jesus is fully God and fully man, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died on a cross as a substitutionary sacrifice taking upon himself the penalty deserved by mankind, bodily resurrected on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and ascended back to the right hand of the Father where He ever lives as our High Priest making intercession for us (Jn 10:30, Col 2:9, Mt 1:23, 2 Cor 5:21, Rom 3:23-26, Rom 6:23, Rom 8:14, Heb 4:14).
- We believe that man was created in God’s image and therefore has inherent dignity and worth. Through disobedience and abuse of our free will, mankind incurred physical and spiritual death and therefore all people are born with a sin nature that separates us from God until they receive salvation by faith in Jesus. People can be saved from their sin nature only by grace through faith in Jesus’ atoning sacrifice (Gen 1:26-27, Rom 5:12-21, Eph 3:8-9).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower believers, and to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement (1 Cor 3:16, 1 Cor 6:19, Jn 14:26, Lk 12:12, 1 Jn 2:27, Acts 1:8, Rom 8:26, Jn 16:8).
- We believe the church consists of those who have placed their faith in Jesus as their Savior and Lord and received the Holy Spirit. The church is to preach the good news of Jesus, to work out Jesus’ actions on the earth, to love each other and the world, to edify each other through spiritual gifts, and to make disciples of Jesus (1 Cor 12:12, Col 1:18, Mk 16:15, Jn 13:35, Rom 12:6-8, 1 Cor 14:3, 1 Cor 12:28-13:3, Mt 28:19-20).
- We believe the devil is actively at work to oppose the purposes of God in the world, but God is more powerful than the devil and gives us victory over him. In the establishment of His eternal kingdom, God will ultimately defeat the devil and bind him forever so that he can never influence mankind again (1 Jn 3:8, Jn 8:44, Jn 10:10, 1 Pet 5:8-9, Ja 4:7, 1 Jn 4:4, Rev 12:12, Rom 16:20, Rev 20:10).
- We believe that Jesus will return to earth to judge the living and the dead, and will establish an everlasting kingdom. We believe that those who place their trust in Jesus will ultimately live with Him in His eternal, perfect kingdom (2 Tim 4:1, Lk 1:33, Dan 2:44, Heb 1:8, Dan 7:18, Rev 11:15, Rev 22:3-5).